Fedora.NEXT Products and the fate of Spins

H. Guémar hguemar at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jan 29 20:57:25 UTC 2014

Hi,

I think we should keep spins as long as we don't have a formal process to
accept new products.
Something like => proposal => crop (aka product-to-be) => validation =>
product
When we'll have that, drop the whole spin thing, any spin that isn't fit to
be a product should be reclassified as remix.

btw, it wouldn't be wise to define that process while we're still in
Fedora.Next early stages, it'll just had more entropy.
First we should work to release our sample products, then use that
experience to define the process to bring a new product.

H.