Fedora.NEXT Products and the fate of Spins

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 21:03:30 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 2:57 PM, H. Guémar <hguemar at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think we should keep spins as long as we don't have a formal process to
> accept new products.
> Something like => proposal => crop (aka product-to-be) => validation =>
> product
> When we'll have that, drop the whole spin thing, any spin that isn't fit to
> be a product should be reclassified as remix.

Why do we expect spins to be any more official products than they are now?

I can't really imagine this ever working. Do you imagine a day where
Fedora has 20, 30, 50 official products? I don't.

I'd rather not confuse what is made from Fedora bits with what is
based on Fedora bits but includes other bits. The remix branding does
not seem appropriate for spins that are made purely from Fedora bits.

John