Fedora.NEXT Products and the fate of Spins

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 01:17:20 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 8:12 PM, Luya Tshimbalanga
<luya at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Spin maintainer as well sharing Dan's view about spin used to display Fedora
> uses of FOSS applications without needing to download either DVD or
> netinstall. Remixes like Korora for example are completely different because
> of the use of software outside Fedora repository.
>
> I think Workstation Group should consult spin maintainers for those issues
> before moving on.

I'm unsure of why you're addressing the Workstation WG.  This
discussion was generated by FESCo, not the Workstation WG.  The
Workstation WG has made no proposals or comments around Spins at all.

If you mean you wish to collaborate with the Workstation WG on doing
alternative spins, then great.  Please bring that up on the desktop@
list.

josh