Fedora.NEXT Products and the fate of Spins

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 07:58:30 UTC 2014

On Wed, 29 Jan 2014 16:39:03 -0600
Jon <jdisnard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another aspect I worry about is the mirroring stuff.
> With the coming WGs I fear the rsync mirroring will grow very large,
> and spins are an attractive piece of fat to cut.
> Reducing size is something we worry about on the infra, rel-eng side
> of things.

If numbers of Gnome > || < non Gnome Desktops
//* am not including DEs' as Spins */
if less than, do such students\devs\admins move from Fedora usage
as Fedora.next has nothing for them.
Is not the whole purpose of .next to prevent losing users.

If storage is the problem, cull all
Fedora EOL 3+ year releases\rpms etc.
Move spins when created to Linux tracker etc..

Or is it all an Exercise to limit Fedora to Gnome only?

___
Regards,
Frank
www.frankly3d.com