Fedora.NEXT Products and the fate of Spins

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 15:35:08 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 04:09:11PM +0100, Robert Mayr wrote:
> 2014-01-30 Johannes Lips <johannes.lips at gmail.com>:
> >

> > On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> I would love to see alt Desktops stay,
> >> but at the end of the day.
> >> The old saying comes to mind:
> >>
> >> http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/british/he-who-pays-the-piper-calls-the-tune
> >>
> >> That's a fact of life in any business relationship.
> >
> > Well, but it's not only about money and a lot of contributors use their
> > spare time to contribute, so I wouldn't stress this money thing too much.
>
> +1
>
> I feel also it is not ok that people, who spend their spare time to
> contribute *without* getting money for that, get treated without
> respect. Persoanlly I read Christian's post as an insult, but I'm sure
> he didn't want to be so rough.

Knowing Christian personally, I don't think he intended it that way.
But I think some people (I don't know about Christian) are frustrated
by the idea that any discussion of change is motivated by trying to
disenfranchise people, rather than figure out how Fedora can generate
product that increases its relevance and value to the FOSS ecosystem.