rawhide builder issues?

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at redhat.com
Fri Jan 31 13:52:36 UTC 2014

On 01/31/2014 03:23 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Dan HorĂ¡k <dan at danny.cz> wrote:
>> On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 08:10:49 -0500
>> Josh Boyer <jwboyer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've sent two builds of linux-firmware to koji this morning and both
>>> fail with a strange error in root.log/mock_output.log:
>>>
>>> ERROR: Command failed. See logs for output.
>>>   # ['fedpkg', 'sources']
>>> Downloading linux-firmware-20140131.tar.gz
>>> error: line 41: Double separator '-' in: iwl100-firmware-39.31.5.1-4:
>>> Obsoletes: iwl100-firmware < iwl100-firmware-39.31.5.1-4
>>
>> must be
>> Obsoletes: iwl100-firmware < 39.31.5.1-4
>>
>> it's a new sanity check present in rpm in rawhide for eg. a week
>
> OK, thanks!  Would have been nice if there was a heads up from the RPM
> people about that one.  The error message is rather unhelpful
> considering it works fine in previous versions.

The error message is bad indeed, will change it to something more easily
comprehendable for 4.11.2 final.

As for lack of a heads up for this, frankly I didn't expect to see it
trip up anything in Fedora land as such dependencies are plain broken:
In ranged dependencies the last part is always just an EVR version
string, name does not belong there. While rpm version comparison will
decide *something* on such a string, its almost certainly not what the
packager intended.

So apparently this is a highly useful and important sanity check, much
more so than I expected :)

	- Panu -