Fedora.NEXT Products and the fate of Spins

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Fri Jan 31 14:02:04 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-31 at 14:34 +0100, Lukáš Tinkl wrote:

> Fedora isn't a Gnome OS, perhaps that's what they're trying to convey;
> making it one will most probably create less confusion but I'm sure it
> will also make us less relevant (my personal opinion).

Not sure why that was necessary, but I'll answer anyway:

I would be happy if Fedora moves towards being an OS, with a clear
separation between system and applications, and a clear definition of
what is part of the core system and what isn't. I don't think it makes
sense to discuss products if we don't agree on that as a necessity.