Fedora.NEXT Products and the fate of Spins

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Fri Jan 31 14:33:15 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 9:02 AM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com>
wrote:

> I would be happy if Fedora moves towards being an OS,

Red Hat Enterprise Linux comes in both Server and Workstation variants,
among others.  To continue to serve a useful role as upstream, I
believe Fedora should be able to do *both* of these (and more).  It
hurts our downstream if we completely lose the server or client polish,
and one has to be retrofitted after the fact.

I think we *can* do both at the same time, while also not being a
collection of packages.  We can walk and chew bubble gum at the same
time.  To learn more about some technology I'm working on in that area,
come to my devconf.cz talk =)