[fedora-arm] Fedora ARM Status Meeting Minutes - 2014-07-02

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 14:00:05 UTC 2014

> * 1) Kernel Status Update  (pwhalen, 20:07:46)
>   * Peter's '3.15 Fedora ARM kernel status'  (pwhalen, 20:08:13)
>   * LINK: http://nullr0ute.com/2014/06/3-15-fedora-arm-kernel-status/
>     (pwhalen, 20:08:13)

The beaglebone patchset was rebased for this release so please test.

>   * kernel testing needed on Utilite  (pwhalen, 20:10:03)

The first revision of this patch adds support for MMC/sata/serial and
one of the NICs via device tree. I plan to evolve it over the coming
weeks.

> * 2b) F21 Alpha Status - Open ARM bugs  (pwhalen, 20:20:43)
>   * dracut unable to boot 3.16 most of the time  (pwhalen, 20:21:57)

This should in theory be fixed with the latest util-linux. Please test!

> * 2c) F21 Alpha Status - Other Planning ?  (pwhalen, 20:30:42)
>
> * 3) Aarch64 Status update  (pwhalen, 20:34:43)
>   * The v8 package isn't built, blocking some packages. A v8 port for
>     aarch64 is available however.  Investigation ongoing.  (bconoboy,
>     20:40:59)

The issue with v8 is we're stuck on 3.14.x due to nodejs, mongodb and
possibly chromium. Aarch64 support was added upstream in a much later
release, 3.25.x I believe. Not sure if there's plans to rebase at some
point.

>   * kernel-3.16.0-0.rc3.git1.1.fc21 should have all patches needed to
>     boot on mustang board  (bconoboy, 20:41:29)

And in theory AMD Seattle if you're lucky enough to have such as device

>   * If you want to make changes in packages for arm related things,
>     that's awesome. but please coordinate with the arm team. Please do
>     so by cc'ing the arm list on discussions and patches amd block the
>     arm tracker for bugs.  (pwhalen, 20:52:02)

YES!! This has caused us a quite a bit of heartache and me and others
a lot of time because people focus on their individual device and now
how it impacts ARM as a whole.

Peter