Introducing Python 3.5 nightly builds for Fedora

Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek zbyszek at in.waw.pl
Fri Jul 4 00:06:30 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 03:55:51PM +0200, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> Other than the packaging reasons: Fedora might attract Python
> enthusiasts and developers as it is most likely the only Linux distro
> that has development version of Python packaged nightly. Developers and
> powerusers can play with new features committed yesterday just by doing
> `dnf update`.
Hi,
looks like something I might use for development of Python software.
But for this to be truly useful, I'd need a bunch of stuff on top,
at least numpy/scipy, but also pytables, matplotlib. Without that it
would be even hard to test building of packages, since they often
depend on those modules (and others of course). Is there any chance
you could add cascaded builds of the most popular extensions?

Zbyszek