Rebase-helper in Fedora 20

Igor Gnatenko ignatenkobrain at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 4 13:34:53 UTC 2014

On Jul 4, 2014 4:39 PM, "Petr Hracek" <phracek at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> a small summary about Rebase-helper project.
>
> The purpose of the rebase-helper is to save developer's time during
package rebases.
> Rebase-helper is intended to be run in the cloned (Fedora) package repo
and needs only the path to the archive (tarball) with new upstream sources.
The rest is automated. If any decision is needed, the developer is prompted.
> The current workflow is as follows:
> Download archive with the current (old) and new sources
> For all existing patches apply them, one at a time, to new sources and
help with rebasing patches if needed (using tool like 'meld')
> Build packages (old and new) automatically.
> In the future we will perform various checks (rpmdiff, API/ABI check,
etc.) and add them to Upstream Monitoring in Fedora
Cool project!

> GitHub repository is:
> https://github.com/phracek/rebase-helper
>
> If you would like to try rebase-helper then only clone the github
repository
> or install rebase-helper package which is already available in Fedora 20.
> And try:
> rebase-helper <upstream-sources>
I will test it tonight.
> If you discover any issues, feel free to add a new issue on github
> https://github.com/phracek/rebase-helper/issues?state=open
Sure!

--
-Igor Gnatenko