Koschei - continuous rebuilds for packages

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Jul 4 16:50:32 UTC 2014

On Thu, 03 Jul 2014 17:20:58 +0200
"jpacner at redhat.com" <jpacner at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> > Detecting soname bumps and doing real rebuilds
> > instead of scratch build should be possible. Koschei could
> > automatically start rebuilding dependent packages AFTER you update
> > the library in rawhide.
>
> That's the goal.

Note that in order to do this it would need to have provenpackager
powers to commit to pkgs git and koji certs to do builds.

Not impossible, but we would probibly want it running inside Fedora
Infrastructure and need to be careful security wise.

> > But if
> > you want to know what will break before you do the update then it
> > will be more complicated, because Koschei will need to manage
> > separate Koji tags and obviously first get permission to do so and
> > I'm not sure whether relengs would be willing to make this happen.
>
> That would be convenient - at least for critical-path packages.
> Anyway, lets ask lkocman (CC) about Koji tags.

To deal with tags it would likely need a koji admin cert, which we
would want to be very sure it didn't do anything bad.

kevin