WARNING: malicious code

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jul 6 11:59:51 UTC 2014

Am 06.07.2014 13:51, schrieb Sandro Mani:
> On 06.07.2014 13:48, Reindl Harald wrote:

>>> This is a bit dramatic. I really sincerely apologize for this and please
>>> realize that I wrote this with the best
>>> intentions. I've fixed the issue...
>> how can a "rm -rf currentdir" happen by accident?
>> and that combined with make / to the current dir?
>>
>> line 302 is a no-go in general
>> line 301 before that smells like intention
>>
>> i can't imagine that two lines together happen by mistake
>>
> It was a line ordering issue.
> The cwd before that call was the temporary directory.
> Please trust me, I really feel bad about this, and will never again push code
> which  was written late at night.
> Again, I really apologize

accepted - but "shutil.rmtree(os.getcwd())" is in general not a line ordering issue
it's **** from a developers perspective because it leads *always* to unpredictable
behavior if the "chdir" fails for whatever reason, be it a typo, wrong permissions
somewhere or SELinux comes in place

that's horrible dangerous in any context