Fedora 21 readiness & a few reminders

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Jul 7 12:20:40 UTC 2014

Hi everyone!
It's time to summarize where we are with Fedora 21 release as we're now
really close to all that release fun. Tomorrow, on 2014-07-08 we will
branch Fedora 21 from rawhide, according to the schedule [1].

* If there is anything blocking you/your product or if there's potential
risk of delays, let us know. Ml, directly, through FESCo ticket,
as always. *

For Changes freeze, it's the same day as Branch day - thank you everyone
for your updates. And if you haven't done it yet, please take a look on it
by Wednesday's FESCo meeting as I'm going to prepare the list of incomplete
changes. See bz listing [2].

Alpha Release Readiness and the first Alpha Go/No-Go meetings are in three
weeks, on 2014-07-31. With Alpha Change Deadline on 2014-07-22.

FESCo Summer 2014 special elections nominations [3] are still open, will be
closed today at midnight (UTC)!!!

And of course Flock - the Fedora contributors conference is on August 6-9
in Prague [4]. As there's potential conflict with Fedora 21 schedule, FESCo
agreed to skip release effort during Flock in case of Alpha slip.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/21/Schedule
[2] http://bit.ly/f21changesfreeze
[3] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Development/SteeringCommittee/Nominations
[4] http://flocktofedora.org/