defining firewalld services

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 23:20:58 UTC 2014

On 07/07/2014 12:03 PM, Thomas Woerner wrote:
> On 07/07/2014 02:55 PM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>> Thomas, the real question here is this: If a package wants to install
>> (and maintain) its own set of firewalld service definitions, is the
>> approach Stef took the best one? If so, we should submit a Packaging
>> Guidelines edit to the FPC and get this codified where others can find
>> it.
>>
> Yes, this is the best approach right now.

Hmm.  If I've made a temporary change to my firewall settings, I might
be a bit annoyed if an (apparently unrelated) package installation
caused the configuration to revert to the permanent configuration.

Is there not a more specific command that adds the service definition to
the current environment without a full reload?