WARNING: malicious code

Lubomir Rintel lkundrak at v3.sk
Tue Jul 8 06:53:08 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-07-06 at 13:48 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 06.07.2014 13:41, schrieb Sandro Mani:

> >> Ouch ... can we ban this guy from Fedora?
> >
> > This is a bit dramatic. I really sincerely apologize for this and please
> > realize that I wrote this with the best
> > intentions. I've fixed the issue...
>
> how can a "rm -rf currentdir" happen by accident?
> and that combined with make / to the current dir?
>
> line 302 is a no-go in general
> line 301 before that smells like intention
>
> i can't imagine that two lines together happen by mistake

That may well be an issue with your imagination (or even experience). As
for me, I'm struggling to imagine why would anyone do that
intentionally.

I think (and hope) lot of us would be very unhappy if  manage to build
an environment where hastily punish people for mistakes or suspicions in
a mob-like manner. Please give the guy a break and don't jump into too
quick judgments.

Lubo