WARNING: malicious code

Florian Weimer fweimer at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 09:20:38 UTC 2014

On 07/08/2014 08:53 AM, Lubomir Rintel wrote:
> That may well be an issue with your imagination (or even experience). As
> for me, I'm struggling to imagine why would anyone do that
> intentionally.

I've seen something very much like this in response to posts on
comp.lang.lisp where the respondent assumed that the poster asked for
help with their homework, so it was intended as some form of punishment.

Sadly, devel hasn't much more culture of conduct left than
comp.lang.lisp, so it is at least conceivable that someone would attempt
to score a point in a discussion about patch submission procedures by
showing that it's risky to accept contributions.  I'm not saying that
this is what has happened, but we have to be prepared for silliness like
that (and academics submitting patches with intentional defects as part
of their research studies etc.).