WARNING: malicious code

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Jul 8 09:46:11 UTC 2014

Am 08.07.2014 08:53, schrieb Lubomir Rintel:

>>> This is a bit dramatic. I really sincerely apologize for this and please
>>> realize that I wrote this with the best
>>> intentions. I've fixed the issue...
>>
>> how can a "rm -rf currentdir" happen by accident?
>> and that combined with make / to the current dir?
>>
>> line 302 is a no-go in general
>> line 301 before that smells like intention
>>
>> i can't imagine that two lines together happen by mistake
>
> That may well be an issue with your imagination (or even experience)

and why do you not read the complete thread *before* you answer
instead quote from the middle of it? that thread was finished
and your response out of context days later shows pretty fine
how flamewars are created

> As for me, I'm struggling to imagine why would anyone
> do that intentionally

so you neve worked as sysadmin........

> I think (and hope) lot of us would be very unhappy if manage to build
> an environment where hastily punish people for mistakes or suspicions in
> a mob-like manner. Please give the guy a break and don't jump into too
> quick judgments

and if that thread only leaded that *a few people* never again in their
life type "shutil.rmtree(os.getcwd())" it gained a lot for the future