[corrected!] Re: 5tFTW: DNF and Mailing List Wars, F21 Branch, FESCo Election, Python 3.5, and Docs Beats (2014-07-08)

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Jul 9 11:13:30 UTC 2014

Am 09.07.2014 03:40, schrieb Matthew Miller:
> On Thursday, DNF version 0.5.3 was announced, along with Core DNF
> Plugins 0.1.1, which contains a new protected_packages plugin. So,
> there we go.
>
> It think it’s worth noting, though, that this a good example of how
> mailing list discussions often fail us. There were a lot of messages,
> but almost no new information in hundreds of posts — it’s mostly people
> going back and forth, feeling like they’re not being heard or listened
> to. And then, many people feeling frustrated and driven out of
> meaningful discourse by the noise.
>
> That’s a dynamic we need to change. If something is really important
> and you feel that your view isn't counted, there are other channels by
> which issues can be raised

i like to add here that people who are shouting left and right "i do not need"
that "the discussion is idiotic" and why they don't need that existing
features are the root cause, especially in the DNF thread

if someone does *not need* something which is very important for others but
not in any case in his way he could be quiet instead flood the list and
bugzilla with noise that in his opinion all people who don't want to lose
existing features are dumb

in fact it where around 5 people keep heating the discussion and burry
the arguments of people which did not want more than what was present
over years and now came back in DNF and it that case *you must* respond
and try to explain why their arguments are wrong in case of upstream
did not care and closed bugreports 2014/01 already