(Rawhide users) Fedora 22 branching: What You Need To Know

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Thu Jul 10 23:00:28 UTC 2014

I'm ready to start my application testing on a Fedora 21 virtual
machine. What's the quickest way for me to get one built? Is there a
'net install' ISO file somewhere I can use?

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:38 AM, poma <pomidorabelisima at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10.07.2014 18:31, Stephen Gallagher wrote:

>>> # grep fedora-release /var/log/yum.log ... Updated:
>>> fedora-release-21-0.9.noarch ... Erased:
>>> fedora-release-rawhide-21-0.7.noarch
>>>
>>> Is this enough to stay on F21 or I still need e.g.
>>> 'fedora-release-standard' for non-product-specific, that is as we
>>> use now on Fedora 20?
>>>

>> You'll want to install fedora-release-standard manually right now to
>> make sure you have the right version going forward.
>

> Done deal, thanks.
>

>> We're working to figure out how to get that to install by default on
>> upgrades.
>

> Good luck with that!
>

>> (Alternately, feel free to use -server or -workstation as well, if you
>> want to move towards that environment going forward).
>

> Those two goes camping in virtwood. :)
>

> poma
>

> --

Twitter: http://twitter.com/znmeb; Computational Journalism on a Stick
http://j.mp/CompJournoStickOverview

You can catch more flies with a sticky tongue than you can with vinegar.