.treeinfo missing in mirrors

John Florian john.florian at dart.biz
Wed Jul 16 13:49:10 UTC 2014

Hi all,

My coworker was trying to fedup 19 -> 20 and it was failing because .treeinfo wasn't in our local mirror.  I thought that odd since I had just corrected our mirroring setup a few weeks back for another coworker for the same reason.  (It's very unfortunate that this file was "hidden" because I suspect many a mirror exclude all hidden files for the reason I had done so, namely to avoid pulling an upstream mirror's temporary files.)

Anyway, we checked a few upstream mirrors (e.g., kernel.org) and the file isn't there.  Did something happen at the top?

--
John Florian