How to restart dbus service?

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Jul 17 14:11:10 UTC 2014

Hi,
how can I restart dbus service, registered via systemd unit?

To be specific, I have in system:
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.a11y.atspi.Registry.service
with:
[D-BUS Service]
Name=org.a11y.atspi.Registry
Exec=/usr/libexec/at-spi2-registryd --use-gnome-session

And `ps` shows:
2800 ?        Sl     0:00 /usr/libexec/at-spi2-registryd --use-gnome-session

Command
  service messagebus restart
seems to restart only the dbus itself, not the service, which are hooked to dbus.

Is there some way restart that process? (kill(1) comes to my mind, but I'm thinking about systematic approach)

--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS