Call for testers for FMN

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Thu Jul 17 15:01:58 UTC 2014

On Thu 17 Jul 2014 04:22:59 PM CEST Pierre-Yves Chibon wrote:
> There are several advantages to FMN, among them:
> * a central place to get/manage your notifications for all the Fedora systems
>   (bodhi, badges, pkgdb...)
> * the possibility to choose which notifications to get where, for example
>    - IRC notification upon successful build on koji
>    - Email notification for failed build on koji
>    - Some day, push to android devices
> * the possibility to send the notifications as batch, for example:
>    - wait 10 minutes after the first pkgdb action and then send me all the pkgdb
>      notifications
>      This way if someone asks for 3 ACLs on 2 packages within 10 minutes, you
>      will only receive one notification
> * from an infrastructure developer point of view: less code duplication

I already shared my views on FMN during devconf but basically this is
the best thing since sliced bread. Thank you Ralph, Pierre & whoever else
was involved in making it a reality.

It's one of those things that just makes me thing: Why the hell haven't
we done this ages ago? :-)

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
Business System Analyst, Hosted and Shared Services

PGP: 7B087241