Make buildSRPMFromSCM faster?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 01:12:44 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Eric Smith <spacewar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 7:26 AM, Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > How about not rebuilding the chroot every time... It's not like you have
> > worry about leftover BR's from building another package.
>
> That could lead to packages that happen to build some of the time due
> to an undetected dependency on something that isn't in the BR but
> happens to be in a cached buildroot.

I fail to see why this would occur building an SRPM, the dependencies
should be identical for all packages, we're not talking about actually
building the package, just building the SRPM.

For that matter, instead of rebuilding a chroot every time, why not cache
one (tar?) so you get rid of the transaction overhead. It can still be
re-created on a regular basis in case any of the packages in the chroot get
updated, you just don't do it every time for every package.

Richard