customizing command line for Startup Applications in F21/Rawhide

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 25 22:49:52 UTC 2014

Although gnome-tweak-tool does not allow customizing the command line for
Startup Applications, up through F20 you could use the
gnome-session-properties command (in the gnome-session package) to do this.
In F21 and Rawhide, gnome-session-properties is gone. I wanted to start a
gnome-terminal with the command "gnome-terminal --geometry=80x24+0-0". By
finding the line in ~/.config/autostart/gnome-terminal.desktop

Exec=gnome-terminal

and changing it to

Exec=gnome-terminal --geometry=80x24+0-0

it does what I want. Is there a less ugly/obscure way to do this, or is one
planned?