Splitting & renaming of dhcp package

Jiri Popelka jpopelka at redhat.com
Mon Jul 28 16:16:01 UTC 2014

Hi all,

At the moment dhcp package contains dhcpd (dhcp server) and dhcrelay
(dhcp relay agent).
I'd like to move dhcrelay into separate subpackage and rename the
(sub)package with dhcpd to something better then 'dhcp'.

Now the question is how to call the new subpackages.
Given that package with dhcp client is called dhclient and not
dhcp-client my first idea has been just 'dhcpd' and 'dhcrelay'.
Other possibilities would be dhcp-server and dhcp-relay-agent
or dhcp-dhcpd and dhcp-dhcrelay.

Packages now:
dhclient
dhcp
dhcp-common
dhcp-devel
dhcp-libs

Packages affter:
dhclient
dhcpd (or dhcp-server or dhcp-dhcpd)
dhcrelay (or dhcp-relay or dhcp-dhcrelay)
dhcp-common
dhcp-devel
dhcp-libs

Objections/ideas ?