Assistance with a dlopen bug...

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Jul 30 19:47:20 UTC 2014

On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:30:55 -0600
Jerry James <loganjerry at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 1:20 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> > RuntimeError: Failed to load ImageMagick: dlopen: cannot load any
> > more object with static TLS
>
> See
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19268293/matlab-error-cannot-open-with-static-tls
> for an analysis of what this error means.

Thanks. I did some searching, but didn't find that one.

Sadly, they don't mention how they figured out what things were taking
up dtv slots. Do you know off hand? I'll dig around some more.

Once I find those libraries, whats the best way forward? Obviously for
calibre to work some of them need to change so they don't take up DTV
slots. But which ones?

Perhaps this indicates that we might want to bump DTV_SURPLUS up a bit
more in Fedora?

kevin