The GNU C Library will be rebased in F21 to match glibc 2.20.

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh at redhat.com
Thu Jul 31 16:34:52 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 03:06:00PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> However the previous problem(s -- multiple) was glibc using
> non-Rawhide for integration testing, especially just while we were
> trying to stablise Fedora for a release:
>
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-October/158440.html
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-October/158662.html

We're absolutely not going to rebase master in non-rawhide.  Our
intention is to get glibc 2.20 release out before Fedora turns beta.

> But 2.20 is a stable branch, right?  So this shouldn't be a concern
> now.

Yes, it is in what we call, a slushy freeze right now.  Changes going
in are mostly regression fixes and other fixes that should not have
any generated code impact.  There is however one change that the s/390
folks will find painful - s/390 broke ABI in 2.19 without a proper
justification and that is now going to be reverted in 2.20 (and in
2.19, but we don't really care about 2.19 right now).

Siddhesh