Qt packages necessaries to develop for Android

Isaac Cortés González w.isaac.cortes at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 00:43:30 UTC 2014

I don't really know. I've been looking and in the download page, and
there's a package, named qtandroidextras-opensource-src-5.x.x.tar.XXX; but
there's that much explanation if it is the core for develop in android, or
addons to the core (the "extras" part in the name confuses me); then I
found this page (http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt5ForAndroidBuilding), on that
page, summarizing it, they talk of how to build it from the entire sources
(with no split sources), it mentions that you need the Android NDK and SDK;
at first I though it could be a trouble ; then I remembered that those
packages are licensed in Apache license, they even have a git repository
for each one.

Another "but" or thing to be considered is the fact if "we" (I don't know
if there's any "I" in we) need to
package those too, or not. So, since I'm practically kind of an illiterate
in this thing called rpm and packaging, I don't if this can be done, or
going further if I can be of some help; but be sure of these:

1) If I can help, hell I'll do!
2) It will be great news for the developers out there using fedora as a
primarily OS.

        -Isaac C.