[ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for Fedora 21

Al Dunsmuir al.dunsmuir at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 2 20:52:36 UTC 2014

On Monday, June 2, 2014, 10:05:22 AM, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-05-31 at 10:33 -0400, Al Dunsmuir wrote:
>> Is  the  mga450 supported? Aside from formal graphics test days, I can
>> run whatever tests required on x86 (both 32-bit and 64-bit).

> Define "supported".  I believe for PowerPC in RHEL we build the matroxfb
> driver for this card, so that plus the fbdev driver for X is what you
> get there.  I'm not sure what would happen on Fedora for that, probably
> aligning it with RHEL makes sense.  On x86 you'd get vesa.

Assuming  there  are no down-sides of aligning Fedora and RHEL in this
area, it would be appreciated. Do you need a BZ to do this?

> But in any of those cases there's no acceleration code involved, so
> "supported" could reaally only mean "lights up and sets modes".

Light is good.  For the lower-functionality desktops, it is enough.

The  IBM  AIX  GXT135  driver  documents  a switch to enable minimally
acceleration,  but  does  not describe any details.  Even without that
enabled, it is usable under CDE.

>> I've  also got a GXT120 (OEM'd MY220P) and the identical x86 card. I'm
>> not  sure  if  that  would  be  covered by "mgag200", but again, I can
>> provide validation.

> The mgag200 driver is, at the moment, only a driver for server variants
> of the G200 (G200SE, G200WB, etc).  Actual G200, as well as G400 G450
> and G550, are not driven by the mgag200 driver at this time.

Thanks for the info, and your efforts!

I can give them a try around alpha-time, and see what transpires.