F21 Self Contained Change: Docker Container Image

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 3 21:31:18 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 03, 2014 at 12:35:00PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> What "Fedora" exactly is the image going to contain? Fedora Server?
> Fedora Cloud? Will it be a part of either of those products? If not,
> what is its status, exactly? Who's responsible for it? Is it considered
> a primary or frontline or whatever Fedora deliverable? Who's going to
> test it? How's it going to be promoted in relation to all our other
> deliverables?

Those are some excellent questions. Tentative answers:

 - It will contain its own "spin" of Fedora.
 - The Fedora Cloud WG will be responsible initially, but long-term it
   might be better in Env & Stacks.
 - "Primary or frontline or whatever" -- um, we need to get back to you on
    that.
 - Cloud WG will test it; see above.
 - The intention is to

> (I'm late on this, and I see the Change has been approved already, but
> I'm not sure if any of the above questions were answered).

Yeah, I don't think definitively. I made a ticket
https://fedorahosted.org/cloud/ticket/65 and we'll talk about it Thursday.

                                  "Tepid change for the somewhat better!"