F21 System Wide Change: Workstation: Enable Software Collections

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Wed Jun 4 14:51:24 UTC 2014

> On Sun, 2014-04-20 at 18:56 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Jaroslav Reznik wrote, on behalf of Matthias Clasen:
> > > The Software Collections repositories will be enabled by default.
> >
> > So we now allow shipping the configuration for third-party repositories,
> > even enabled by default? Is April 1st still not over yet?
> >
> > If you want those packages in Fedora, they need to get into the Fedora
> > repository.
>
> THREAD NECRO ALERT
>
> I wouldn't put it as strongly as Kevin, but I do have some concerns
> about the implications here.

Note that there was a lot of discussion about this (
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1297 and meeting logs), resulting in
“merging” this Change proposal into the main SCL one in a way that makes
the original text of this proposal no longer relevant.  (In particular,
AFAIK the full story is that SCLs will be available through Playground, and
Playground requires an explicit action to enable.)

That does not *entirely* dismiss your concern, though.
    Mirek