Deprecate setjmp/longjmp? [was Re: Maybe it's time to get rid of tcpwrappers/tcpd?]

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Thu Jun 5 01:15:11 UTC 2014

Adam Williamson writes:

> Sam, this was clearly a half-baked thought Lennart threw out in passing.
> It wasn't a formal proposal.

I don't think there was any danger of anyone possibly considering that.

> It's bad enough that Slashdot et al pick this stuff up and then badly
> misrepresent it; having our own list participants invoke/encourage that
> kind of thing doesn't seem at all useful to me.

I don't think a message here can either make that happen or not make that
happen. But if it were to happen, whose fault would that ultimately be?(*)

(*)And, I should also say that I'm trying to censor myself. Just now, and
before – the original version of what I wrote was …longer.