Qt packages necessaries to develop for Android

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jun 5 23:16:33 UTC 2014

Isaac Cortés González wrote:
> But it is licensed under an Apache license, we can download the source and
> build it ourselves.

Yes, please contact the Replicant folks for how to rebuild the Android SDK
from source. (Last I checked, they didn't document the procedure either, but
they should know how to do it because they ship a rebuilt SDK.) We cannot
ship Google's binaries, both because of the license of the binaries and
because Fedora does not ship upstream binaries by policy. We have to build
the SDK from source code (which will land in the SRPM, so it needs to be
free from non-Free or patent-encumbered (e.g. MP* codecs) code; any bad code
needs to be ripped out from the tarball).

        Kevin Kofler