Qt packages necessaries to develop for Android

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 05:23:26 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 4:00 AM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> Andrew Lutomirski wrote:
>
>> The ripping things out of tarballs policy seems really weird to me.
>> It means, for example, that I can't compare the hash of the openssl
>> tarball to upstream's.
>>
>> Is it really necessary?  I understand that Fedora can't ship anything
>> infringes on a patent, but I had the distinct impression that patents
>> didn't cover uncompiled source code.
>
> Your impression is incorrect, afaik, ianal, yada yada.

[citation needed]

> Everything fedora
> ships needs to be freely re-distributable, including the source code.

Well he said " Of course, if there is actually stuff in the tarball
that isn't redistributable, that's a different story." ..

We have been shipping patented code in freetype for a while (until it
expired) we just disabled it at build time.

So I simply do not know whether the "remove patented code from he
tarball" is simply paranoia or there is really a legal reason for it.