F21 System Wide Change: Web Assets

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Mon Jun 9 14:10:30 UTC 2014

Dne 30.5.2014 03:03, T.C. Hollingsworth napsal(a):
> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 3:39 AM, Vít Ondruch <vondruch at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Is it true actually? Last time I was checking the Ruby packages contained
>> different/modified version of upstream JS files.
> AFAICT they're both fine.
>
> rubygem-uglifier includes the main uglify-js via git submodules:
> https://github.com/lautis/uglifier/tree/master/vendor

That is not all. This is actually the Rakefile which prepares the
uglify.js file for uglifier:

https://github.com/lautis/uglifier/blob/master/Rakefile#L34

I.e. the uglifier.js is composed from source-map.js, uglifier.js and
some glue. I can't see any direct conversion path to webassets approach
without patching rubygem-uglifier. May be some loader shim could work.
Not sure. And I don't know how you want to generalize this to some
generic guidelines.

Sorry for being negative :)

Vít