Current FTBFS packages (was Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for Fedora 21)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jun 10 06:54:26 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 10:20:46PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 09, 2014 at 08:43:07PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>
> > Can we excludearch %{arm} for this one?
>
> Why? It's a bug that it doesn't build on ARM. Refusing to build it
> doesn't fix the bug, and then someone else will crash into the same
> issue when they dare to build something that needs llvm.

It seems the alternative is hfsplus-tools doesn't work at all for
anyone.

Anyway, it looks as if a patch has been posted to the upstream (LLVM
on ARM) bug last week, so let's see if the bug finally gets some
attention.

BTW this package is also affected by the -fstack-protector-strong LLVM
bug, but that is simple to work around.

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v