Current FTBFS packages (was Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for Fedora 21)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jun 10 18:05:56 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 06:53:59PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 06:44:06PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 06:39:52PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > > Ok. Once the build's done let's remove the ExcludeArch so it continues
> > > to show up as a failure in mass builds. It can be restored if we
> > > actually need to make any code changes.
> >
> > Where is the Fedora policy that we should break builds so that we can
> > collectively remember there is a bug in a particular architecture?
> > That's what Bugzilla is for.
>
> Having it show up on the FTBFS list sparked a discussion that noted
> upstream movement on this. If it hadn't been there we wouldn't have
> noticed, and even once LLVM is fixed this would probably have remained
> ExcludeArch: arm.

I do think we should have a better way to track bugs in Bugzilla.  It
is a place where bugs often go to die, because it lacks any useful
search function or overview mechanism.

In this case however I don't think much productive came from this
discussion we had about hfsplus-tools.  Obviously no one wants
hfsplus-tools and/or clang enough on Fedora/ARM that they are prepared
to fix it.  So I think we should just drop it on ARM, and let anyone
who wants it, fix it later (or reenable %{arm} if clang gets fixed).

Rich.