How to troubleshoot build flags

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 18:10:12 UTC 2014

Ok, I figured out the problem but not WHY it's a problem but basically it
doesn't like the linker flag "-Wl,-z,relro". I actually had to patch the
makefile for this so it wouldn't get applied to the f2py command but
apparently it was still casing a linker issue for some reason.

The workaround (I won't call it a solution) was to add "unset LDFLAGS"
after %configure but before make.

The interesting part is that it still seems to be applied to most of the
gfortran lines (pulled in by configure into the makefile) but there must be
some place that it was being pulled in by the environment variable, which
is why it would fail from rpmbuild but pass by running make manually.

Thanks,
Richard