F21 Self Contained Change: Remote Journal Logging

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jun 10 19:04:21 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-05-02 at 17:51 +0200, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek wrote:

> > It's kind of implicit in the Change proposal. When you submit a
> > Change, you are indicating that you want this to be something that
> > Fedora promotes (both from an engineering standpoint and a marketing one).

> I modifed the Change text to indicate that it is an alternative to
> exisiting solutions, and can be used in parallel.

Just as a note for future messaging purposes: the Server product's tech
spec explicitly nominates rsyslog as the supported remote logging
mechanism for Server. We did explicitly choose between rsyslog and the
new native systemd capability, and chose rsyslog at least until the
native systemd capability is a bit more mature.

No specific immediate impact or 'required action' here, just wanted to
note it for anyone following this discussion for purposes of future
public communication.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey