[fedora-arm] ExcludeArch tracker doesn't appear to be effective

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 22:07:05 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 10:37 PM, Adam Goode <adam at spicenitz.org> wrote:
> I seem to remember some kind of koji diff report that would come out
> periodically. Is there an automated run of this? I would love a
> dashboard or NxN matrix of diffs between all the arches. A timeseries
> would be perfect (to see the trends Matthew is referring to).
>
> Aha, found what I was thinking of:
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/arm/2013-February/005336.html

That was a diff between primarily and a secondary arch koji, not
actually a diff between x86 and ARM but rather an indication of how
far the secondary was behind primary in terms of pure package builds.
It was also generally quite inaccurate due to bugs in the script and
sometimes a single build failure of a core dependency could causes
bottle necks that could block builds due to dep chains and the fix to
that is always reactionary (get bug fixed, tested, pushed upstream,
generally manually build package to unblock bottle neck).

> Can this be rolled into automation in a more official way?

Not that I'm aware on a primary <-> primary diff with the current
tools. At the moment we basically ask rel-eng to use their mass check
out to to comparisons and that's generally on just Exclude/Exclusive
Arch and doesn't cover arch subsets of features of packages.

> Even something per-package like what Debian does is a start:
> https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/mlton-compiler
> vs.
> https://apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/mlton

The mention of PPC builds is presumably to to messages on the fedmsg
bus coming from the secondary arch PPC koji, the first in that list
covers all 3 mainline arches due to being a single koji instance.
Presumably koji/fedmsg could be enhanced to emit the arch builds
(arm/noarch/ix86/x86_64 too if it doesn't already and then pkgdb
display that info. I'll file a RFE, thanks for the suggestion.

Peter