rfc: xserver rebase in F20 (was Re: Slipping F21)

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Wed Jun 11 16:09:56 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-06-11 at 17:56 +0200, drago01 wrote:

> Oh and xserver  really .. I am the one that gets complaints from users
> that I can't fix because of our ancient x11 stack.

I'm not intrinsically _opposed_ to rebasing X in F20.  But it's not
something we've done in any previous Fedora, and there are enough nvidia
users out there that I'd want to be cautious about not breaking them
more than we need to.

If That Other Repo doesn't have a problem with getting builds lined up
for nvidia/fglrx/whatever I'd be much more willing to do X rebases in
existing releases.  It's still tricky for things like the xwayland/gnome
lockstep, but I think we know how to handle that.

- ajax