rfc: xserver rebase in F20 (was Re: Slipping F21)

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 21:06:14 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 10:18 PM, David Airlie <airlied at redhat.com> wrote:

>> > To add some context the feature that I am asking for is working DRI3 +
>> > present ... with mesa 10.2
>> > it gives us GLX_EXT_buffer_age which finally fixes tearing issues in
>> > mutter that some user are experiencing
>> > without using workarounds like forcing the compositor to always redraw
>> > the whole screen (which costs performance
>> > and battery life).
>>
>> There is no working DRI3 + present anywhere at all yet, or if there is
>> it involves SNA which has its own set of not working.

The latest intel ddx supports it using uxa
(http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel/commit/?id=d8eb87f84f88ad2df42c6fed1d93df76589a14e3).
Sna and glamor should work as well (well as well as they do using DRI2).

> And also DRI3 breaks a bunch of working features like gpu offload,

Oh good to know.

> again
> DRI3 + present is a keithp feature, it works on his laptop so he shipped it.
>
> It needs someone who cares to take over and finish development.

.... ugh ... has there been any discussion on this before merging it?