F22 System Wide Change: Replace Yum With DNF

Mike Chambers mike at mtchambers.com
Wed Jun 11 22:31:18 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-06-11 at 14:18 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
> On 2014-06-11 14:07 (GMT-0400) DJ Delorie composed:
>
> > Forcing the users to type a different command name to get exactly the
> > same functionality only serves to annoy the user.
>
> And in this particular case, the change is from a nice single finger word
> it's a two-hander, three finger.

And as a user himself, above are the exact 2 reasons I hate this move.
That it is better and/or becomes better due to backend and such, is no
relevant (as long as its faster and easier anyway) really.

Still trying to figure out why initials for a name (if decide not gonna
continue to use the *yum* name) was decided, instead of at least a
different name/word that makes sense at least haha

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best little town on Earth!"