F21 System Wide Change: Fedora 21 Make 4.0 Update

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 08:25:27 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 12:50 AM, Omair Majid <omajid at redhat.com> wrote:
> * Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com> [2014-04-14 08:32]:
>> = Proposed System Wide Change: Fedora 21 Make 4.0 Update =
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/F21Make40
>
>> == Detailed Description ==
>> The purpose of this update is to synchronize Fedora with the most recent Make
>> release.
>
> The contingency for this was supposed to trigger at the Mass Rebuild.
> However, koji tells me that the first time Make 4.0 was built in rawhide
> was during the Mass Rebuild [1] :(
>
> And of course, some of the changes in Make broke other programs. OpenJDK
> 8, for example, currently fails to build because of this. It built for
> the mass rebuild (because make was not built until that point) but fails
> now.
>
> What's the plan here?

What fix do you propose for the Openjdk8 side of the problem? If
there's a number of packages that need to be rebuilt it'll need to
involve rel-eng and so I suggest if that's a course action a rel-eng
ticket with the make4 owners cc:ed, hopefully the feature owners will
pipe up here with a solution.

Peter