F22 System Wide Change: Replace Yum With DNF

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jun 12 09:01:43 UTC 2014

Am 12.06.2014 10:51, schrieb Miroslav Suchý:
> b) you (the-sysadmin) are lazy and put it on back-burner
> and do s/yum/yum-legacy/ and you have to do that work
> from a) anyway one year later

stop people calling lazy because they are not
accepting replacements which are not drop-in

Fedora would most likely not exist if the decades before Unix/Linux
would have changed it's behavior every few months - the "we rename
and replace everything all few months and looking how to replace it
in a way everybody takes notice of our work" is a more or less
new phenomenon, in the past developers where proud of keep
interface stability and the CLI is a user interface

you need to realize that if you pretend to build a operating
system the goal using a operating system for users is to build
their work on top of that and not play around with the operating
system all the time by looking which things are replaced or got
a new syntax