EMEA sponsorship program for Flock

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Thu Jun 12 09:51:54 UTC 2014

Hi,
the EMEA regional community decided yesterday to organize a small
sponsorship program for EMEA contributors who would like to attend Flock
2014 that is going to take place in Prague on Aug 6-9 and haven't
received (and will not receive) any sponsorship as speakers.

The overall amount of money allocated to the program is $2000. The
funding limit per contributor is $200. The number of sponsored people is
not limited and we will satisfy funding requests until we hit the limit
of $2000. Candidates that have been actively contributing to the Project
in the last year and have some work agenda for Flock (meeting team
mates, organizing a "do" session,...) will be given a priority.

The program is funded from the EMEA budget and is intended for
contributors from this region. Other regions are assessing their budget
situation and might come up with a similar program for their
contributors.

If you'd like to ask for a sponsorship, please file a ticket in the EMEA
trac [1], mention your recent contributions to the Project and reasons
why you want to attend Flock, and specify how much money you need
(remember the limit is $200).

The deadline is June 24 (12am UTC). The EMEA community has delegated the
decision making to FAmSCo, so FAmSCo will then pick the best candidates
if there are more requests than the available funding.

Jiri

[1] https://fedorahosted.org/emea-swag-tracking/