F22 System Wide Change: Replace Yum With DNF

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Thu Jun 12 12:19:50 UTC 2014

Dne 11.6.2014 20:18, Felix Miata napsal(a):
> On 2014-06-11 14:07 (GMT-0400) DJ Delorie composed:
>
>> Forcing the users to type a different command name to get exactly the
>> same functionality only serves to annoy the user.
>
> And in this particular case, the change is from a nice single finger
> word it's a two-hander, three finger.

Eh ... Writing DNF by both hands and 3 fingers should be faster then
typing YUM by single finger. But if you are using just pointer fingers
of your both hands, then I can understand your point ;)

BTW people who are using Czech or German keyboard layout would disagree
with your argument anyway (hint: Y <-> Z).

Vít