F22 System Wide Change: Replace Yum With DNF

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 15:03:35 UTC 2014

Hi

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 10:29 AM, Jan Zelený  wrote:

> We are on the same page, thanks for your input.

I don't think so.  You are clearly arguing for a temporary compatibility
wrapper but eventually forcing everyone to use dnf as the command.  The
other side is wanting yum to continue to remain the name for the command
with yum-legacy for temporary transition.  In otherwords, dnf is an
internal project name and doesn't need to be exposed to the user.  The
analogy to systemctl doesn't work because systemctl is part of a completely
separate project that works very differently from service command while dnf
is a experimental fork of yum with a few fairly minor differences in
command line and configuration options.

Rahul