Current FTBFS packages (was Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages for Fedora 21)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jun 12 23:50:32 UTC 2014

Matthew Miller wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 02:00:13AM +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> > That was overly critical of me and did nothing to actually further the
>> > discussion. I apologise.
>> No need to apologize! It's just the truth: ARM is not ready to be a
>> primary
>
> Kevin, I disagree. A positive tone to discussion is important even when
> speaking the truth.

There was no negative tone in Matthew Garrett's original message:
> If the Fedora/ARM community don't care about feature parity with x86,
> then we should just drop them back to secondary status.

There was nothing impolite or insulting in there. It might be impopular with
the ARM people, but it's still a valid point that had to be made, and
shouldn't have been retracted.

The decision to make ARM primary was a mistake, period.

        Kevin Kofler